Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dust...

There have been news reports of dust storms in Sydney which have closed the airport and other places. But here 1000 kilometres away in Queensland we are also having dust storms. So it is my guess that most of the places in between are as well.


These pictures were taken a short while ago (at midday ) from my back deck...


Five minutes later...


It is getting worse. I hope it all blows away soon. We are going camping tomorrow further west for three days, but I certainly don't want to go in this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's everywhere in between as well! Horrible! It's starting to clear here a bit... but still not enough that we're going outside to play!! Hope that your trip west goes well. :)

Anita said...

Oh no, camping!! I hope it is better where you are going!! I think it may be starting to clear here a bit, just poked my head out the door and the sky has cleared up a bit.

Bec said...

It is unreal watching the dust. Glad I was able to spend today inside as it was bitterly cold here. All the best for your camping!

Teresa said...

Where is all that dust coming from? Its incredible.

Enjoyed the pictures from your challenge - you know some very creative people.

Chookyblue...... said...

YUK.......

Teresa said...

Great photos.. we took so many photos yesterday as well...I've never seen anything like it before. Thank goodness today is beautiful blue skies...

Anonymous said...

I have seen a dust storm in my life, they are not something that happens in my area, I guess, although I've heard of them in other places. It looks scary.

RG said...

Hi Lynda,
Yeah we got it really bad too, but wow I'm surprised that you got sooo much!
Hope your camping trip was ok despite the weather.
We froze last weekend!!

manda said...

Oh I've just adored looking through your last few posts! I'm so glad to have found your blog! We got the dust storm too, but it was mingled with smaoke from our bushfires, so no fun! Especially for us with allergies!
Come on over and enter my 100th post giveaway if ou get the chance! It ends on the 10th of Oct.