Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BQL February Challenge

Okay, so I know it is March but this is one of my February catch up posts. I have been participating in the BQL ( British Quilt List) yahoo group challenge. I have been really enjoying it too. This is the one we did for February which was based on a string piecing design.
I was trying to get a rainforest feel however it seems to have more blue in it that I planned. The fabric was from a scrap bag I bought at a local quilt shop.


To try and get a leafy feel I decided to quilt eucalypt leaves on it. I looked at photos of the type of leaves I wanted and drew a few rough lines on the quilt and then filled in the rest free hand( or rather machine).



I actually am quite happy with it and and am enjoying the challenges presented.
The top for March is done - so when it is quilted I will be able to show you that one too.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

The quilted leaves trasformed the square quite nicely!!!

Gina said...

Great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xx

Garnetrose said...

A very unique looking block. I like it.