Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pincushion swap

Thanks to Linda at All Stitched Up there was a cute pincushion swap. Here's the one I received from Betsy which is a beautiful Cathedral Windows one using fabulous fabrics. Don't you think that cathedral windows lends itself perfectly for this project?


And here's the one I have sent to my partner. I haven't heard yet whether she has received it so I can't reveal who it is for yet. I wasn't originally going to use this fabric - I had another one picked out but when I found the buttons they seemed to go with this one so much better. It is actually the same fabric I used in my Blogger siggie square last year.( Talk about that has started a little bit again due to this post here.) And the fabric also went beautifully with the DMC varigated thread I wanted to use as well.
The pattern for this isn't actually a pincushion - I made a variation of one of the 5 Golden rings from here. Thanks again Linda - it was a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Very nice catedral window pin cushion. The one you made has me intrigued. I just love the embroidery you did on it and the fabrics are just perfect. Great job!

Sweet P said...

Cute pincushions! I recognize the fabric from the siggie swap!

Unknown said...

The cathedral window one you received is lovely, such neat stitching. It was a fun swap.

Jeanne said...

The cathedral window pincushion is very cute! The recipient of your beautiful pincushion with the cute embroidery is very, very pleased.

Bronwyn said...

Hi Lynda - I do know that Jason Mraz is here in August - I secretly bought tickets for my hubbie's birthday! He doesn't know yet so I have to stay 'mum' about it on my blog (he reads it!) Your embroidery is so sweet and I do love your pineapple doll quilt you have sent for a swap - great colours!