Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A group quilt show...

My friend Dianne goes to another quilt group and they had organized a small show for the other members. Of course I had to tag along. I just took some photos of the general collection because I wanted to show the interior of the church where it was held. I forgot to take a photo of the outside but I have found one here. Across the road is the sea so it is a very popular historical church for weddings. Although I have never attended here - it has been a part of my surroundings for as long as I can remember. So as you can see it is a beautiful place to have a quilt show.....

Sometimes just looking at a smaller collection of quilts prevents overloading and I have to say that my appreciation was great. It was only held for two hours because it was really just for sharing, so I am glad that I could make it.


It certainly is also inspiring because these are local quilters and it proves once again that beautiful quilts are being made everywhere. What a feast for the eyes!
P.S. I just had to add this page that I found of the church in 1890 . The shoreline looks different now. I love the little bathing boxes at the water's edge. It's funny how writing about one thing can lead on a tangent - but in this case a nice one because I learnt something new about my area.

6 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for the quilt show pictures! I just love the quilts being displayed over the pews. What a gorgeous historial building!

Anonymous said...

What a great post Bettsy. Thanks for sharing that and doesn't the church look fabulous with the pews draped in all that colour. I enjoyed the historical link too.

CONNIE W said...

Having the quilt show in the church with the quilts displayed on the pews and hanging above is really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jenni said...

Looks like a great display of quilts Bettsy. How did the quilt show go?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What a fabulous idea, utilizing the Church pews like that, I love it and will put that one in the memory bank!
Cute bag, tracey

MARCIE said...

What a lovely sight! I can't believe it was all for only two hours! I also love the two pictures of the church that you linked to. Love all things old and historical!