Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What is it?

At my Friday Craft Group this item was shown. It had been bought at a charity shop for 20c - which is a bargain just for the wool alone. (I am joking) The middle section is stitched on plastic canvas and the top and bottom frills - well, I don't know how they were done. I am sure that someone, somewhere thought/thinks that this is the perfect decor item.... if only we could work out what it was for. A number of things were thought of - it was too big for my head to be a hat. Maybe, it is some sort of clothing item or some version of a sea creature.
We did find that it was possible to fit two toilet rolls inside but in the end we decided that is was a tissue box cover. (Perhaps the fact that it did fit a tissue box inside gave that away) None the less we are still open to suggestions for this classic item.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I can't see the size. It looks like a scrunchie but from your comments it is too big for that. Not that most people would wear it anyway. Hmmm...
Quite the puzzle.

Jenni said...

What a mystery. Is it knitted did you say? It would be an interesting sea creature, but other than that I can't see why anyone would want it in the house!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

WhatEVER it is, PLEASE do not use it as a give-away to a deserving comment-leaver!!!! It is amazing. My thought is a tutu for a flamingo . . . .

Helen said...

Is it an armband?, a pot plant decorato, no, it's an ODDFELLOW.... (actually at first I thought it was a garter belt for a bride - not!)

Susan said...

I'm thinking it would look good on the porch railing with a pot of pink flowers in it.