Friday, October 20, 2006

catching up on my October goals


With all the children at school today ( Four year old Colly goes to Kindergarten on Thursday and Friday so I do get a little bit of a break to sew) I decided that I needed to spend some time working on the quilt I am making for my friend's 50th birthday. This is a job to do in my garage. I have to set up the table tennis table ( it has seen better days but still works fine for quilts) and then spread the sandwich ready to pin. Sadly though I am not as organised as I would like to be and when I got the wadding out it wasn't big enough so I had to make a quick trip to the LQS. Then I realised that I had forgotten to piece the backing ( only two pieces to join). With the plan to finish off more of my tops this preparation should get to be easier over time. Then just as I was nearly finished I got a phone call - from the friend who the quilt is for. She was ringing to say she was coming to visit in five minutes. Arrgh!!! At least I was very close to finishing, and managed to get it folded up and away before she arrived. I am confident that I will get this one finished in time which will be a big achievement for me. Sadly I have to say that I am much better at starting things than finishing them....

The photo actually shows part of the view from my garage. It was taken yesterday afternoon when we saw a rainbow. It was back to blue skies again today - not good news for the drought but a nice outlook to view while pinning a quilt.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful view from your garage!

What good luck that your friend called before she came by. =)

Shelina said...

What a beautiful view from the garage.