Sunday, September 24, 2006

A quilt in an afternoon...


This quilt ( top) is for a friend's upcoming 50th birthday. I have been putting it off for quite a while but with the birthday only about 6 weeks away I thought I had better get moving. The pattern is Just Can't Cut It by All Washed Up. I started yesterday after lunch and had all but the top and bottom borders done by last night. If I take out all the interruption time I would have finished it yesterday, even with the extra thinking I had to do because the main fabric was directional. What an easy pattern! I have another one planned in the same fabric ( Sentimental Journey by Robyn Pandolph) but in the pink rather than this one. That will be for a 70th birthday next May.
Unfortunately the flash made the quilt look quite orange. I'll take a more natural picture when I have quilted and bound it.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You're on a roll - good to see.

Anonymous said...

I have that pattern - I haven't used it yet.

Shelina said...

This is soft and pretty - I like the ribbons in the fabric. I always try to have stark contrast between fabrics and I know that repeating the fabric does give it a softness that contrast does not, but I'm not as brave as you. I can see how hard it would be with directional fabric.